So, Peyton has not proven to be the best softball player. It has taken her a while to really get the feel of the game and to get comfortable with all the skills needed to play. I never realized how many different skills were needed to play softball until I watched her struggle with them all- catching, throwing, hitting, fielding and knowing where the ball should go in relation to where the runner is going. She tries hard and never gets frustrated. She is last in the batting order and plays catcher and right field most often, so she is definitely one of the worst on the team. But, she enjoys it and always wants to go to practices and games. She loves to cheer on her other teammates and doesn't seem to get upset when she makes mistakes or strikes out. She is learning a lot and is getting better. The coaches are really sweet to her and continue to pull her aside at times, helping her one-on-one to work on basic fundamental skills. They could just write her off as the worst on the team and focus on the better girls, but I think her positive attitude and dedication shows them that she really wants to get better. It has been a really positive experience for her and I am proud of her for sticking it out and working hard and not getting frustrated with herself. I truly think that she will finally just "get it" and there will be a point when it all just falls into place and she feels much more comfortable on the field.
At catcher:
At bat:
On base:
No comments:
Post a Comment