Sunday, October 30, 2011

Favorite Book Character

At the kids' school, instead of celebrating Halloween the kids always have a Fall Fest.  To add to the feeling of Halloween without actually calling it Halloween, they allowed the kids to dress up as their favorite book character.  We ended up with The Man with the Yellow Hat, Encyclopedia Brown, and Charlotte from Charlotte's web.
Once Cooper got to school and started to get some attention for his costume, he immediately starting taking off the hat, threw Curious George on the ground, and tried to take his tie off.  He wanted nothing to do with getting attention.  I convinced him to keep the tie on, but I took his hat and George back to the car with me.

I could tell that Peyton wanted to dress up, but was hesitant to put too much obvious effort into it in case none of the other kids dressed up.  We brainstormed and came up with this idea as a compromise.  
I am proud to say that my crafty side came out with these projects.  With Cooper's costume, I hemmed a pair of girl's yellow capri pants and added elastic.  I also reshaped his straw hat with a little spray of water and an iron and painted it yellow.  I also made Peyton's shirt with a little t-shirt paint and a glue gun for the spider.  I thought they all turned out really cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment