Monday, December 19, 2011
Decorating for Christmas
Christmas is absolutely my favorite time of year for so many reasons, but it seems to surprise me each year just how much I love the Christmas decorations part of it. I love putting up our tree and filling it with all our ornaments, some with sentimental value, some just pretty to look at. I love unwrapping our Nativity scene, which was passed down from my dad's side of the family, so full of character and age. I love hanging our stockings on the mantle and looking at the perfect little family that I was blessed with. I love putting twinkle lights all over the inside of the house, which gives that special glow that means it is Christmas time. I love driving down the street and seeing all the beautiful lights on the houses. I love working hard to remind our kids what this season really means and finding so many ways to give to others this time of year so that they really understand what the gift of Jesus really is. I love reading our Advent reading for the night with all three kids snuggled into our huge arm chair. This is such a magical time of year when you celebrate in the way that it was meant to be celebrated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment