Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Trip to Halletsville

My mom and I took my kids and Maddie and Adam to visit our very dear friends Katie Steffek and Jean Carpenter. They live in Halletsville. My mom and Jean have been friends since Katie and I were tiny. Jean and John used to live in Austin and they went to our church. Katie and I have been friend, basically our whole lives. Our younger sisters are the same age so that always worked out well. When they moved to Halletsville we were in elementary school. We continued to visit them during the summers and on vacations and enjoyed small town life. I enjoyed small town life much differently this time. I just loved being surrounded by such space and peace. The kids had a great time and I can't wait to go back to visit. These pictures are of Katie's house. She and Ronnie own a nursery and raise cows as well. They have chickens, rabbits, a large garden, a huge John Deer tractor as well as many other cool "farm-life" stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment