I asked her how she got the hole in it. She wouldn't look me in the eye and said that a stick poked a hole in it. I asked her how a stick poked a hole in her shirt. She said that she was spinning around on the playground and she ran into a tree. At first I let it rest. But, after a few minutes, I just didn't believe that was the truth. When I looked more closely at the hole, I could tell that it was a straight cut. I asked her if she had art that day and she said yes. I then asked her if she cut her shirt with scissors and she said no. I asked her again and he didn't answer me and started pouting and whining and grumbling about wanting to watch TV.
The grumbling and whining continued until I finally just lost it. I told her that her daddy works hard so that our family can have nice things and do fun things like gymnastics and soccer and I chose to continue to work some days to make extra money to help out and I made a special effort to buy her a few new shirts so that she would have something special to wear to school and she just cut her shirt with scissors and then lied about it and had the nerve to sit on the couch and complain about the TV and not even say she was sorry or explain why she did it, etc, etc, etc. She stormed off to her room, continuing to grumble and pout, but came out about 10 minutes later with this letter:
I bet she festered over what to tell you the whole rest of the day after that incident at school. I bet she never does that again!
ReplyDelete