Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Animal Right's Activist

Karsten has started asking questions about meat and where it comes from. Today he was asking about Thanksgiving and turkey. He asked if we ate real turkeys on Thanksgiving. When I told him that we did, he then asked me if kids ate them too.

We talked about how beef comes from cows, pork/ham/bacon comes from pigs, chicken and turkey come from chickens and turkey. He mentioned milk and I said that it comes from cows, but that you milk cows and don't have to kill them to get it. He then said, very adamantly, I will never kill an animal. At dinner tonight, he asked what we were having for dinner (meatloaf) and what it was made of (beef) and then he said he loved meatloaf, but he woud never kill an animal. I guess that is how to have it both ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment