Sunday, March 4, 2012

Karsten's basketball season

The kids played basketball through the Upwards League again this winter.  We love that it is based in churches and that the kids learn Christian themes and bible verses throughout the season.  They also get recognized for offense, defense, effort, good sportsmanship, or Christ-like qualities at the team meetings following each game.  


Karsten had an amazing season.  He is such a coach-able kid.  He does exactly what his coaches ask him to do at practice and then he implements that skill into the following game.  At almost every after-game team meeting, Karsten was recognized for putting whatever skill they had worked on that week in practice into his game.  He improved tremendously throughout the season and was a big asset to his team.  I continue to be so proud of him for the wonderful compliments his teachers and coaches have to say about him.  He may be a little bit of a challenge at home, but he is an absolute dream everywhere else.

 I also got roped into helping out with refereeing each week.  I actually enjoyed it and since I get a little anxious on the sidelines and can't seem to keep myself from cheering a little too loudly and yelling advice a little too often.  Having a whistle in my mouth and a job to perform ended up helping me be much better at supporting the kids than when I was on the side lines.



No comments:

Post a Comment