Peyton and Cooper have become the best of friends this summer. I guess I didn't really realize that she didn't get all that much time with him during the school year. She was up and out the door within 45 minutes and in the afternoon, he sleeps until 4pm, so the evening went pretty quickly with dinner, baths, and bedtime by 7:30pm for her.
So, this summer they seem to be catching up on missed time. When they wake up, she lays down on the couch and asks him to come and cuddle with her. They lay on the the couch together cuddling while they watch their morning cartoon show. All day long, she is checking in on him, asking if he is okay, giving him hugs, and helping him with whatever he needs. He totally eats it all up. At first I thought it was really sweet and cute and I honestly enjoyed a little help with him, but now it is getting a little ridiculous. When he is getting into something he is not supposed to and I get onto him, she runs to his rescue and gives him a hug. Any time he is getting upset or frustrated about anything going on in the the house, she is there to console him. If he doesn't want to share the water hose outside (like yesterday) and is throwing a huge fit about it, she just gives up and lets him have his way.
I have told her that I appreciate how much she loves him, but his is almost 2 now (his birthday is on Sunday) and he has to learn that sometimes he won't get his way and there are some behaviors that are not acceptable, no matter how cute he is!!! She understands, but boy is it hard for her to see him upset. If only she was that loving and sweet to poor Karsten...
No comments:
Post a Comment