Thursday, June 25, 2009

Peyton's cheerleading experience

Peyton went to a Little Gym camp last week. The theme was cheerleading, which was really hard for me to enroll her in. Being an athlete in junior high and high school, the cheerleaders just seemed a little silly, too girly, to involved in their clothes and hair, for me. I know, my brother was a yell leader in high school and college, but I still can't get past the stereotype.

But, Peyton had a great time with her friend Maya and her sister Lily. The girls learned a new cheer everyday and it was fun watching them perform them at the end of each class. They did "What about a Color Shout" and "We've got Spirit, yes we do, we've got spirit, how about you" and "Let's get a little bit rowdy, R O W D Y". Peyton was always very serious about yelling the cheer really loud and didn't worry too much about trying to smile. She did always smile really big at the end and jumped all around screaming with the other girls. It was fun to watch her, but I still hope she chooses the sports route and not the cheerleading route (isn't that terrible of me!!!).

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, even though Ali was a cheerleader. Even she got tired of all the drama. I'm sure Peyton would love to join a volleyball team too. She is already proving herself to be a great athlete in the pool so I wouldn't worry about her yet.

    ReplyDelete