Karsten lost his first tooth this week. You may be thinking, "Gosh, Karsten is not even 5 years old yet. Isn't that a bit young to lose a tooth?". If you were thinking this, then you were right. His tooth was not loose at all. It actually got knocked out.
He and his little friend, Sam, were playing hide and seek in the house and came around the corner and ran right into each other. They didn't even see the other one coming and just hit full speed. Karsten's mouth hit Sam's forehead. Luckily for Sam, Karsten's mouth was closed or I think Sam would have ended up needing stitches. They both started crying and screaming and when I ran over to them, Karsten moved his hand away from his mouth and his tooth just fell to the ground. He was bleeding and his other front tooth was loose as well and his lips were kind of cut up.
After chewing on crushed ice in a dishtowel for a while, he calmed down and my friend called the dentist for me. We took him in for x-rays and, luckily, the tooth came completely out, root and all, so they didn't need to do anything. The roots of his other tooth were still completely intact, so it should heal up and not be loose anymore. That tooth might turn gray though and may stay that color until it eventually falls out.
So, we have a little gap-toothed boy for a while. Kids usually lose their bottom 2 teeth before their top 2 teeth, so I have a feeling that he wouldn't have lost that one for a good year down the road. His lisp is kind of cute though.
Poor Karsten! I bet he still won't have any trouble eating pizza or hamburgers:) I bet that one really hurt though.
ReplyDeleteJust now catching up on my reading. Can't believe poor Karsten's tooth came out! I know Brad can identify. And I won't tell Abby that Karsten lost a tooth before she has!! :)
ReplyDelete