Saturday, February 27, 2010

My smart boys

Kids never cease to amaze me in how fast they learn new things and how at certain ages and developmental stages they just finally get something that they struggled with before.

About 2 weeks ago, Karsten starting counting by 10s. I don't really know how where he picked it up, but would constantly be saying "10, 20, 30, 40...". About a week ago, he started filling in the numbers in between. Since then, he has figured out how to count to 199. At first he needed a little prompting, but now he does it on his own. I think he would keep going above that, but it takes him a while and he doesn't have the patience to sit still long enough to go any higher.

Since Karsten has been practicing his numbers non-stop for the past 2 weeks, Cooper has really picked up on things too. Cooper counted to 27 last night, only skipping the number 15. I knew he could count past 10, but he just kept going and finally got to 27 and then jumped to 40 and then was all over the place after that. I think that is pretty darn good for a 2 1/2 year old!

I guess Peyton is not the only numbers whiz in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment