We got a notice from the kids' elementary school cafeteria that Cooper's lunch money account was overdrawn. I thought that was kind of weird since I recently put more money in his account and the kids only buy their lunch about 3 times a month. Upon further investigation and a print out of his account details from the cafeteria manager, he has bought his lunch 12 of the last 14 days. It just didn't make sense to me. I had noticed that more recently there was still some food left in his lunchbox when he came home from school, but not everyday and not his entire lunch. He is also our pickiest eater and I couldn't imagine that a burrito or fish mac-and-cheese could really be more tempting than the lunch I packed. What I finally figured out is that he must have just been buying the lunch and picking what he wanted to eat from his tray and from the lunch box and throwing the rest away. He wouldn't fess up about any of this until I showed him the print out from the cafeteria. Then he was very quiet and then said "Mommy, I did something bad. I have been buying my lunch at school a lot." (as if it was his idea to tell me about it).
My favorite quote of the week from Cooper:
Karsten was annoying Cooper all throughout dinner and when Cooper finished eating, he got up from the table to go take a bath. When Karsten continued to yell something after him, Cooper turned around and pointed right at him and said "Jesus is right next to you, you know!". He turned back around and marched out of the room. We all busted out in laughter.
Many of my friends asked me to ask Cooper where Jesus was when he was buying all those extra lunches at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment