Shortly before Thanksgiving, Karsten came into my bedroom one afternoon and announced that Santa was not real and neither was the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. When I asked him why he thought that, he just said, "Because I know and because it is true". About that time Cooper walked in the room, so I just told Karsten we would talk about it later. When I spoke to him later, he was much less indignant but still wouldn't tell me why he all of the sudden felt this way. My guess is that someone at school told him about it. I just assured him that part of the magic of Christmas is in giving and spending time with family and traditions and celebrations and that Christmas can still be very fun and exciting and magical without believing in Santa. He seemed satisfied enough with that answer.

Then one month later, it is Christmas Eve and Peyton and Karsten are wrestling around and Peyton accidentally knocks out one of Karsten's really loose teeth. So, now Karsten will be visited by both the Tooth Fairy and Santa on the same night- just one month after he declared that they don't exist. Can you guess what was the first question he asked me as he went to bed that night... "Mom, did you put my tooth under my pillow?" A convenient change of heart. Then 2 days later, he lost another tooth!
No comments:
Post a Comment