After 8 years of service, our Explorer has bit the dust (well, kind of). This past weekend the Explorer overheated, leaving me on the side of the road with 3 kids waiting for a tow truck (okay, also a little bit of an exaggeration- it was in our old neighborhood after we dropped off Peyton's friend and we just hung out at their house until the tow truck came). Our repair shop gave us an estimate of $1,000 to repair the car, which would be in addition to the $3,700 we have already spent on it in the last 13 months. I kept thinking there would be just one more repair and it it would last us a while longer, but it just wasn't working out that way. I reluctantly gave into the idea of a minivan. It is practical and I know it will be a great car, but I am still getting used to the idea of driving a minivan and the look of a minivan. Not that an Explorer is super cool, but it is cooler than a minivan.
Here is the 2004 Explorer with 105,000 miles on it:
Here is the 2012 Honda Odyssey with only 7 miles on it:

NOOOOOOOOO! Not a minivan! Shane keeps trying to get me into one and I just won't do it. Maybe if you like it I can be talked into one in the future...the far away future:) If there was any minivan to drive I would choose the Odyssey.
ReplyDelete