Thursday, January 8, 2009
Every mother's nightmare...
Well, it has happened and younger than I expected. Peyton was on Rob's little cheapo stair stepper thing (it was literally $30 on sale) in the garage and she said that she was exercising so that she could get skinny. I couldn't believe my ears. I never talk about exercising and dieting to be skinny. Of course, as a dietitian and I very aware of how young girls are having body image issues. We had to talk about exercising and eating healthy foods to keep our bodies healthy and not to be skinny. I talked with her about how she was just the right size. I hope that this is not the beginning of this phase in girls lives. It just made my stomach turn thinking about kindergartners actually thinking about needing to be skinny. I don't think that she even really knew what she was talking about, but it just made me dread the teenage awkward body years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment