Cooper's vocabulary is growing daily as is his little sense of humor. He keeps us all laughing constantly. I don't know if he truly is just really funny or if he is just cute and funny because he is little and has this soft tiny little voice. I wish I could remember all the funny little things he says throughout the day, but these are a few that come to mind...
Bathtime:
Mommy- "Cooper you need to soap up now."
Cooper (washing his armpits vigorously while fake laughing)- "That tickles, that tickles."
Playtime:
Peyton- "Mommy, Cooper just threw a ball at me." (Not an uncommon statement)
Cooper then runs over and hugs her- "Peyton, I love you so much!"
I think his big blue eyes and charm will get him out of many situations in life.
That was followed up by another "I love you" this morning. Peyton slept the latest and was laying on the couch, still trying to wake up. Cooper had just finished his breakfast and wanted to snuggle with her. He tried to crawl up on the couch with her and she, sort of grumpily, told him that she didn't want him there. He then said "I love you, Peyton.". Peyton still said "no" and he came up to me and said "Peyton no love me." Peyton died laughing and happily invited him to snuggle up with her.
He also adds an "a" to the end or middle of words. Examples:
"No change-a my diaper"
"I eat-a my snack"
"I wash-a my hands"
"Daddy got it at Cos-a-co (Costco)"
A phrase he uses often is "No problem". "Cooper, will you pick up your truck, please?"- "No problem." "Cooper, let's get our shoes on."- "No problem".
He also seems to have a very good sense of direction. He regularly will point out places that we pass on the way to somewhere else- the doctor's office, Peyton's gymnastics place, the exit to my parent's house. He also notices if we are taking a different route to somewhere that he is familiar with. The other day there was a lot of traffic on the way to his preschool, so I took a different way. He was shouting from the backseat- "Where my going?" "Where my going?". That is his little phrase he always uses when we are getting ready to leave and he doesn't know where we are going or if we are in the car and going a different way than he things we should be going.
Potty talk continues to be big at our house. Peyton never really did it, but Karsten is hooked. Now he has Cooper copying him with the potty talk too. Karsten got a remote controlled car for Christmas and it has an antennae that sticks straight up pretty high. Karsten was driving it through Cooper's legs and the antennae would brush across his crotch as it went through. Everytime it did that, Cooper would grab his crotch and yell "my penis, my penis". Our laughing did nothing but encourage him to continue with that one.
It is amazing how all parents can't wait for their kids to talk and once it happens only about 50% of what they say is acceptable. Kids do say the best things. Mason and Wyatt still crack me up!
ReplyDelete