Saturday, January 16, 2010

Advertising really does work

Yesterday, Karsten came into my room and asked me if I wanted a Smooth Away. At first I couldn't really understand what he was saying and even after understanding that he was indeed saying "Smooth Away", I had no idea what he was talking about. He said- "You know that thing on TV where you rub it on your legs and the hair all comes off." He pulled me into the living room to see the end of a commercial for this little gadget you rub on your legs/arms/arm pits to remove hair.

The kids often are asking me about some special toothpaste or repeating a song on a toy commercial. You would think that I let them watch TV all day long. It is just that their little brains are like sponges, soaking up everything they hear.

We definitely need to go back to only watching Nick Jr. (formerly Noggin) which has no commercials at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment