Recently in Karsten's class at school, the kids have been coloring their faces, arms and legs with markers. When it got a little out of control, the teachers decided that was not an appropriate activity, so now it is mostly just a few scribbles on their arms or legs. Well, the afternoon of the party, when I was not watching my children very closely, Karsten colored his face and inside his ear with a marker. You will easily see that in the picture.
Also, please notice the beautiful cake. Yes, I did make it. I put icing on it while Karsten was napping and then added the plastic train tracks and his new trains that he got for his birthday. When he woke up from his nap, I showed it to him and he didn't seem too impressed. About an hour later, I was on the phone with a mother from Peyton's kindergarten class discussing the end-of-the-year party that we were in charge of when Karsten approaches me with chocolate icing on his face and he is holding the plastic train tracks that were on his cake. After getting off the phone, I asked him what happened. He told me that he didn't want the trains on his cake. Luckily, he was very careful when he took them off and the cake wasn't messed up, but boy was I mad. What a little stinker! Here I spent time to make his cake so cute and he took all the decorations off! Very grumpily, he agreed to "let" me put them back on his cake.
Another funny story... We were singing "Happy Birthday" to Karsten and when it was time to blow the candles out, Peyton leaned over and blew them out for him! I couldn't believe she did that. Karsten actually handled it pretty well and we just lit the candles again sang the whole song over to him and let him blow them out. Peyton would have died if someone had done that to her. There would probably have been tears and definitely some yelling and pouting. Luckily we got it all on video so we can show it to her when they get older and Karsten is being mean to her.
Love the cake!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDelete