Friday, June 5, 2009

Peyton's last day of school

Peyton finished kindergarten this week. She did so well and has learned so much this year. She had a great teacher, Mrs. Roberts, whom she loved. Peyton wrote her a letter and gave it to her the last day of school. This is what it read: "I love my teacher. I love my teacher because she is nice and kind and loving and will love me forever. I want to be in her class forever." She then drew some pictures and taped a picture of herself in Ruidoso on the bottom. It is still so funny to me that my mom taught Mrs. Roberts' daughter for 1st grade. What a small world.Peyton's class had an end-of-the-year presentation for the parents. They sang all the songs that they have sung throughout the year: the welcome song, the end of the day song, the 100th day of school song, as well as others about different topics they have studied. The kids also all got an award. Peyton got an award for Academic Excellence in Language Arts and 2 reading awards. It was also their teacher's 50th birthday and the class got her a UT Jersey with her name on it and the number 50. The kids had a great time showing off all they have done to their parents.Peyton said that she was ready for school to be out, but she would miss her friends a lot. The early mornings were really starting to get to her. She actually got a little teary eyed when I was asking her how the last day went. I asked her if any of her friends were sad and she said that a couple girls were hugging each other and saying that they would miss each other. If you think about it, these kids spent 5 days a week, 7 hours each day together for alomst 9 months. That is a lot of time. I know Peyton will miss some of her good friends: Sadie Austin, Lauren Lietzke, Natasha Zint, Kenzie Marsales, Tayah Savoy, as well as some others. We will try to get together with these girls over the summer so they can keep in touch.


1 comment: