Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Tree

Unlike all of the stores, we actually wait until after Thanksgiving to get ready for Christmas. Peyton was home sick on Monday, so she and I put up the some of the inside decorations and on Saturday we got our tree.
We really wanted to go to a tree farm and cut down a tree like we did 2 years ago, but there was supposed to be a hard freeze on Friday with potential for snow, so Lowes or Home Depot were our back up plan. It did freeze (but not hard) on Friday night and since last time we walked up and down rows of trees, trying to find the perfect one that just had to be on the next row, we decided that Lowes would be the best choice.
After being disappointed with the trees at Lowes, we decided to go to Costco. Our addiction to Costco is getting a little ridiculous. Besides the normal food, toilet paper, diapers, and medicine that we get there, it is also Rob's favorite spot to buy his clothes and I often find great deals on the kids' clothes as well. So, why not add a Christmas Tree to the long list of items that we buy at Costco. It was a perfect tree and a lot cheaper than the same tree at Lowes.
The kids and I decorated it while Rob put up the outside lights. Peyton and Karsten were really a big help with decorating, which was not the case last year, and Cooper was sleeping so everything went really smoothly. I think this is the most beautiful tree that we have ever had.


Peyton is very creative in her pretend play. Here is she one of Santa's reindeer, pulling the sleigh.

1 comment:

  1. The tree is beautiful! I am also addicted to Cosco, but it is not in the budget quite so much these days. I need to go for diapers and I am SO excited!

    ReplyDelete