Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had Thanksgiving with my parents this year. Curtis, Stacey and the kids came in town and Louisa and BJ stayed in town. My grandpa and his girlfriend, Carol, joined us as well as my aunt Cha Cha and Clide.

Holidays with my family are always interesting. My mom and aunt are funny characters, so there is usually some dancing, lots of laughing, and some sort of craft. This year, Louisa headed that up and the kids made a turkey hat, which turned out really cute.
Of course, mom found the Chicken Dance song and the kids had fund dancing along to that. The Hokey Pokey was next, with even more laughs.

This has been one of the most relaxing and laid back holidays with my family in a long time. The kids are finally all getting old enough to go off and play by themselves and don't have to be watched every minute. They all keep a pretty close eye on Cooper and let us know when he is getting out of hand. The kids all get along really well and find creative ways to keep each other entertained. It was nice to be able to actually sit with the grown ups and visit. I can't remember a holiday when I wasn't either holding and infant or chasing a toddler. I think I am going to enjoy being finished with the baby phase of our life and heading into the big kid phase. Thankfully, Cooper is still a big snuggler and and loves his mama, so I still get lots of loving from him.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I love that you guys do the dancing and crafts. That is a tradition the kids are sure to do with thier own children some day.

    ReplyDelete