For his actual birthday, we invited our friends, the Millers, over for a pizza dinner. The boys thought it would be fun to start the evening off with a jam fest. It was hilarious watching them get into it. 
Karsten got Legos and a scooter from us, which thrilled him. Oma sent some building blocks, a car, and a new bathing suit. That night Rob put the boys to bed while Melanie helped me get started on making Karsten's b-day cake for his party the next day. Cooper was crying, as usual, for me to put him to bed. After Rob left their room, I went in a few minutes later and gave Cooper a hug and kiss and told him it was time to go to bed. I went over to Karsten to give him a hug and he said that he was trying not to cry. I asked him why and he said that he was just so happy. That was the perfect ending to a great day celebrating my big 5 year old!
That baby picture brought back so many memories. He has just changed so much!
ReplyDelete