This is a late post, but I was waiting for pictures from a friend of mine. Our Sunday school class, The Honeymooners, had our Second Annual 80's Field Day in late April. We learned a lot the first year about how to organize it and what games work best, etc, so this year ended up being even more fun. We all dressed in either 70's or 80's gear and came out ready to compete. This is crew:


Our first event was the football throw. We had 2 tries to throw a football through hole in a piece of plywood, which was only large enough for the width of the ball. The girls got an advantage and got to stand a little closer. Rob and I, amazingly, both got one of our throws through so started out with a 2 point lead over most of the teams. Rob stretching before his throw:

The next event was the egg toss. We started out close together and after each toss, we took a step back. After a poor finish last year, we figured out a better technique and won this event as well. Our trusting classmates had to check to make sure our egg was raw and not hard boiled!


Then we went onto the basketball shootout. We were both pretty confident after our 2 wins and that we both can actually shoot a basketball, especially Rob. Well, I was proved wrong and was knocked out in the first round. Rob was knocked out in one of the last few rounds.

After that was the wheelbarrow race (we came in 2nd), the sack race, and the 3 legged race.

Then came the event we had all been waiting for and talking about from last year- the dizzy bat race. This was a hilarious event year with people falling on the ground, running into the bushes, and actually ended in a couple injuries. We thought we would add to the excitement with a classwide beer chug before the event. I sat that one out since I had been battling a 24 hour stomach bug just 2 days before and I still didn't feel very good. Rob chose to be the photographer again this year since he does not do well with spinning and motion sickness.

When the points were tallied, Rob and I were tied with another couple for first place. We decided to do a dizzy bat race-off between me and the husband from the other team. I think this picture shows how that ended. Just a note- he had chugged quite a few beers by this time- but I still took the win with my head held high.


"Go Honeymooners!"










That is awesome!
ReplyDelete