Cooper finally lost his first tooth. It had been loose for quite a few days and finally fell out at school. He was so excited to show me that tiny little chip of a tooth in a Ziploc bag when I picked him up from school. As it got closer to bedtime, he was getting more and more excited. I sent him upstairs to get in his bed while the others were making their way upstairs, when he yells down the stairs "Mom, can my tooth break?". Not knowing what he was talking about, I answered "Yes, I think so." Once I made it upstairs, I realized why he was asking. He had placed the tooth under his pillow in the far edge, near the wall, and was laying on the other end of the pillow, afraid that his tooth would break when he laid on it. Here I thought he was up there trying to do something destructive with it, when he was just trying to figure out exactly where to place it under the pillow. Then he asked where the tooth fairy left the money. He was so cute being so genuinely excited for the tooth fairy and so naively confused about the whole tooth fairy process. There is such a short period between really getting it and growing out of it. Here is my toothless little monkey.
No comments:
Post a Comment