Monday, December 24, 2012

Peyton's birthday party

Peyton really wanted to have a slumber party this year.  I figured, how hard can a house full of 9 and 10 year old girls be?  It is not like they are a bunch of wild and destructive boys...  Peyton and I planned out lots of fun activities for the girls: making aprons, then eat pizza, then make brownie with lots of toppings to eat later for dessert, make gingerbread houses, then birthday sundaes and brownies, then play Peyton's new dance Wii game.  Well, the girls did all of these things, but in between each activity, they just wanted to run around and scream.  They had more fun running around the backyard in the dark screaming and chasing each other around, running around the house playing cobs and robbers with the boys' Nerf guns and swords, and turning all the lights off in the house and playing hide-and-seek.  They were loud and crazy and laughing the whole time.  Around 11pm, we had them put pajamas on and brush teeth and settle down a bit.  At midnight, the TV went off and it was bedtime.  At 12:15am, I reminded them that it was late and they needed to go to sleep.  At 12:30am, I told them that their mothers were going to kill me for letting them stay us so late.  At 12:45am, they were quiet and asleep.  A mere 6 1/2 hours later, they were all up and running around again.  They were all very polite and sweet and got along beautifully.  I guess that makes for a successful birthday party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment