Okay, maybe I am a little overboard with keeping our house very G-rated. I don't let the kids say stupid. I don't allow farting jokes or references like that. I don't like them to pretend to shoot each other and they are not allowed to talk about killing anything. I realize that at some point I may have to lighten up a bit about this, but for now, Karsten is only 3 and so I do still have a lot of control over what he is exposed to.
Yesterday when I was picking Karsten up from school, there were a bunch of birds around our car. Karsten was shooing them away and he said "Birds, you better get out of the way or we might run over you and your juices will come out." He didn't say that your guts or blood will come out. I realized that I don't even know that he knows those words in that context yet.
I hope someday he is not completely made fun of for having a rather protective mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment