Peyton is, for the most part, the most perfect child. She is helpful, sweet, funny, very smart, etc. I know that it is and will continue to be difficult for her 2 brothers to follow in her footsteps. I try not to compare the boys to her because she is just like that naturally and, I think, always will be.
Today was the perfect example. It is Saturday, Valentine's Day, and we have all been home together. Karsten is recovering from a stomach bug earlier in the week, so has been a little difficult, to say the least. Rob took Cooper to Costco to get our Valentine's Day pizza and I was home with Peyton and Karsten picking up the house a little bit before Polly came over. Karsten was giving me trouble about cleaning up his trains so I was helping him with it. Then I head to the kitchen and see Peyton in her room making her bed. She has cleaned up her whole room and now is arranging her blankets and pillows on her bed. She said, "Once I get started cleaning, I just can't stop", with the absolute cutest grin on her face.
She proceeded to go and clean up Cooper's room and make his crib and the bed in his room as well as pull the covers back on our bed as well. She is an angel and an absolute delight to raise.
Why couldn't I have at least one sweet girl like that? Peyton really is precious!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely got screwed with the 3 boys thing!!! Just kidding. One of your boys will end up being the super sweet one that takes care of you.
ReplyDelete