Saturday, February 28, 2009

Smack down, Peyton-style

Peyton and Karsten play together a lot. Most of the time they play "Mommy and Daddy" and the stuffed animals are their children and they put them to bed and make them dinner, etc. About half of the time they play nicely and about half of the time they are arguing about who gets to make the decisions about their make believe play. Karsten is pretty stubborn and stands his ground really well. Peyton is usually the one to cave in or come up with some kind of compromise (or they just start yelling so much that I have to separate them and they find a new game to play).

Recently, they wanted to play teacher:

Peyton: I am going to be the teacher.
Karsten: I want to be the teacher too.
Peyton: You can't have 2 teachers.
Karsten: Yes you can, Ms. Marla and Ms. Heyden are my teachers.
Peyton: That is preschool. You can't have 2 teachers in REAL school.

Oh, the wise and learned kindergartener putting her little brother in his place.

I remember a similar conversation with my brother when he went to college and came home about a month into his freshman year. I don't remember exactly how it started, but it ended with him saying that I would understand when I got to college. I wanted to just punch him in the face. Here my totally immature older brother that still watched cartoons and would play with his GI Joes, if he still had them, was 3 weeks into his college experience and all of the sudden he was so much more sophisticated than I was. Oh boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment