Karsten has always been an inquisitive child about God and heaven. He often will ask about Granny and Opa in heaven and being about to talk to them. Since VBS, Karsten has become even more spiritual. At the dinner table, instead of singing Johnny Appleseed or one of our other short memorized prayers, he now prays a made up prayer, "like Pa Pa", often rambling on about being nice to others, thanking God for the beautiful Earth, etc.
Today, as I was taking out the trash, I heard him say "God, can you please come down to me so that I can see you, but nobody else can?". I smiled as I was going out the front door to the trash can and then I heard him say "God?" and he ran after me and opened the door. I don't know if he was trying to be funny or if he really thought God might be walking through the door. He then told me what he had prayed for and told me that God had not appeared yet. I told him that he might have to be patient and that oftentimes God will speak to you as you pray, but you have to be quiet and listen and that sometimes he "speaks" to you by helping you make good decisions about being helpful and nice.
He's such a great guy...
ReplyDelete