
Karsten and Cooper also started school this week. Karsten is an old pro at the preschool-thing, so I was not worried about him at all. He has Ms. Dee Dee, which was a teacher that Peyton had so he was familiar with her. He has quite a few friends from his class last year in his new class, so he walked in and immediately got playing.

I did worry a little about Cooper. This was the first time he has gone to preschool and for at least the last 6-9 months, he really has not done well with dropping off for Sunday school, bible studies, or any other place besides my parent's house. As he has gotten bigger, it has become harder and harder. I literally have to peel him off me and hand him off to someone else, who has to deal with him kicking and screaming and trying to run after me. He always recovers very quickly and has a great time, but he has to go through the theatrics at drop off every time.

Last week when we went to the preschool for a classroom visit, we started talking about his school and his backpack and something all of the sudden just clicked. From them on, he has talked about school constantly and always wants to wear his backpack and now has become obsessed with riding the bus. On the way to school yesterday, he sat in his car seat and whined the entire time as we passed many school buses on their way to drop off the highschool kids. He sat there and kept saying "My bus. My bus." in the most pitiful little voice. Karsten and I tried to tell him that the bus was for big kids, but he would have nothing to do with it. When we got to school, he insisted that he wear his backpack in and hold his lunch box and put them in his cubby and off he went. Not a tear or anything! I wish I had known about this school thing a long time ago and I would have been calling his Sunday school class "school" all along.
There really should be an instruction book with each kid so we wouldn't have to figure these things out on our own:) I'm glad it all went so well. Enjoy the freedom!!
ReplyDelete